The Purpose of the Job
Operations and Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for the Instrumentation and Controls of the facility, while utilizing operations skills. Selected candidate(s) will be placed in either a single skill position (pending training completion for multi-skill) or directly into a multi-skilled position based upon prior experience. Individuals who have demonstrated experience in the multi-skills that are needed at power plants are preferred.
- Maintenance of a combined cycle power plant to include troubleshooting, calibrating, repairing, tuning, and replacing sophisticated I&C equipment and components.
- Troubleshoot and correcting electrical maintenance problems, including switch gear, motors, breakers and plant wiring.
- Troubleshoot and correct mechanical problems which include combustion turbines, steam turbines, pumps, compressors, valves and various rotating equipment.
- Provides coverage when necessary to fellow OMT’s.
- Promotes and works with others in a team environment.
- Maintain the plant Distributed Control System and related equipment.
- Complete required operations/maintenance training and qualification programs.
- Must make expeditious appropriate decision to non-routine plant operating situations.
- Other duties as assigned.