The Purpose of the Job
Multi-skilled Operations and Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for operating the facility, while utilizing maintenance skills. Selected candidate(s) will be placed in either a single skill position (pending training completion for multi-skill) or directly into a multi-skilled position based upon prior experience. Individuals who have demonstrated experience in the multi-skills that are needed at power plants are preferred.
- Operations of a combined cycle power plant to include starting up and shutting down plant equipment from the control room; monitoring and operating plant equipment and responding to plant upset events and emergencies; taking and recording all necessary equipment and instrumentation readings and data; and manually and remotely operating valves and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and correcting electrical maintenance problems, including switch gear, motors, breakers and plant wiring.
- Troubleshoot, calibrate, repair, and replacing sophisticated Instrumentation and Controls equipment and components.
- Troubleshoot and correct mechanical problems which include combustion turbines, steam turbines, pumps, compressors, valves and various rotating equipment.
- Provides coverage when necessary to fellow OMT’s on other shifts.
- Performs inspections, water analysis and troubleshooting, to optimize plant performance.
- Prepares accurate plant documentation and rounds, to assure that proper historical records and reporting of plant operation and maintenance is done.
- Promotes and works with others in a team environment.
- Coordinates plant production in accordance with contracts and owners representatives.
- Complete required operations/maintenance training and qualification programs.
- Must make expeditious appropriate decision to non-routine plant operating situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Job Requirements
- 3 - 5 + years related experience required working in a power plant environment or relevant military experience.
- Demonstrates full knowledge and proficiency in the operation and maintenance of a combustion turbine generating station, including balance-of-plant equipment.
- Specific experience with GE 7FA combustion turbines preferred.
- Understanding of MARK VIe control systems preferred.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
- Capability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to handle constantly changing and emerging work priorities and schedules. Ability to work effectively with other team members.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact with various personality types desired. Good computer skills including Microsoft Office and other computer-based productivity tools. Demonstrates decision making abilities, long term developmental capabilities and networking skills.
- Physical requirements include lifting 40 to 75 pounds, walking, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, etc. Work may be performed around rotating equipment and highly energized and/or pressurized systems.