THE PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Lawrenceburg Power, LLC is actively recruiting multi-skilled Combustion Turbine Technicians who will be responsible for maintaining the facility, while supporting operations as needed. Selected candidate will be placed in either a single skill position (pending training completion for multi-skill) or directly into a multi- skilled position based upon prior experience. Individuals who have demonstrated experience in the multi- skills that are needed at power plants are preferred.
- Conduct all work activities in a professional, environmentally conscious, and safe manner.
- Ensures operational efficiency, unit reliability and compliance with safety and environmental standards.
- Maintains and executes tactical processes in a team oriented, multi-discipline environment.
- Tests, maintains, calibrates, programs and/or troubleshoot (with the appropriate test equipment) electrical, instrumentation & controls system components and peripheral devices utilizing schematics, vendor manuals and procedures. Operate, monitor, maintain and calibrate environmental equipment such as CEMS, noise and gas detection devices, etc. in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Collect and analyze air, gas, water and chemicals samples.
- Direct and assist the work of assigned employees and contractors as required. Provide direct operational instructions and guidance to others. Conduct JSAs, utilize JHAs and MSDSs, etc. and follow established plant and company guidelines in job briefings. Work under general direction of CC Technician Lead as well as plant supervision.
- Energy Control Program: Initiate clearance permits, isolate plant equipment and remove all stored energy in accordance with CAMS Clearance Permit Procedure. Initiate permits for hot work and confined space in accordance with CAMS policies and procedures.
- Provides accurate detailed work history for reporting, data inputting and archiving.
- Evaluates and recommends equipment and techniques to cost effectively improve plant and maintenance department reliability and efficiency.
- Participates in the development of standard operating procedures for routine functions and provide training to other technicians.
- Participates in the development of preventive maintenance procedures for maintaining system hardware.
- Responsible for the safe operation of company owned vehicles.
- Participates in call-out program & periodically works scheduled and un-scheduled night and weekend assignments.
- Periodically work in adverse conditions such as rainy, hot/humid and extreme cold conditions.
- Participates in and implements safety programs to minimize personnel injury and property loss.
- Respond to emergency situations, assist in maintaining plant security and maintain proficiency in incipient firefighting, first aid and CPR. Understand and adhere to all SPCC and Emergency Action Plan.
- Ability to read and comprehend Environmental Permit and administer knowledge in daily task. Ensure compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations and CAMS policies, procedures, standards and specifications.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervision.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Instrumentation, Process Operations or related field preferred; or documented years of technical training or substantial military training; or commensurate experience.
- Plant process experience required.
- Appropriate technical schooling with a minimum of three years of direct operations and maintenance experience.
- Familiarity with technical maintenance manuals and the requirements for working with modern process plants.
- Performs repetitive and non-repetitive physical duties requiring lifting, pushing, pulling, stretching, bending, climbing, working in awkward positions and lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Demonstrates full knowledge and proficiency in the operation and maintenance of a process plant, including balance-of-plant equipment.
- Preferred experience in testing, troubleshooting, correcting, installing and maintaining electrical equipment including switch gear, motors, breakers, analyzers, PLC’s, transmitters and plant wiring.
- Preferred experience in troubleshooting, calibrating, repairing, tuning, and replacing sophisticated I&C equipment and components.
- Preferred experience with combine cycle power plants (GE 7FA combustion turbines).
- Preferred experience with control systems (GE MVI, Emerson Ovation & Allen Bradley PLC).
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational, and good decision-making skills.
- Capability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to deal effectively with other team members.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office and other computer-based productivity tools.
- Driving on company business is a requirement of this position and as such, the incumbent shall have and maintain a valid driver’s license.