Perform in a safe and efficient manner highly skilled work necessary in the operation and maintenance of dual fuel capable Combustion Turbines and associated balance of plant equipment. Operate the plant in startup, shutdown, steady state mode and abnormal conditions. Perform technical and skilled work in the checking, inspecting, repair, maintenance, and installation of plant equipment. Perform technical and skilled work in conjunction with troubleshooting malfunctions and controls logic of electrical and electronic systems, digital control systems, communication systems, and instruments. Assist others with environmental reporting and compliance. Communicate and coordinate activities affecting safe and efficient operation of plant in an often distracting and multitasking environment.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior and show strong leadership in safe and healthy work behaviors and environmental stewardship. Adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injury, illness, and environmental noncompliance. Observe and comply with governmental and company environmental, safety, and health regulations. Demonstrate a strong work ethic, integrity, and willingness to work and communicate effectively with all employees and Business partners.
- Perform start-up, operate, control, synchronize, and shutdown Combustion Turbines and balance of plant equipment. Operate valves, pumps, and controls from the control room and remote locations as needed. Take appropriate actions in the event of abnormal plant equipment conditions and in accordance with plant guidelines for out-of-spec parameters. Monitor controlling, indicating, and recording devices, compare results with established standards, and adjust as required to operating conditions. Enter and review data in the logbook.
- Monitor and respond to alarms and unusual conditions to ensure proper operation of equipment within established standards and report irregular and abnormal operating conditions to supervision.
- Communicate with dispatch, confirm unit status, and report abnormal conditions. Regulate the unit(s) output in accordance with requirements and plant conditions.
- Monitor, inspect, install, remove, test, adjust, calibrate, troubleshoot, and repair electrical, electronic, instrumentation and plant controls systems and components. Conduct electrical system interlock and circuit breaker trip checks to determine proper operational performance. Use elementary, schematics, wiring, and controls diagrams to locate, troubleshoot, and repair control systems involving electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, or hydraulic components. Use electrical and instrumentation test equipment to troubleshoot and calibrate plant equipment.
- Perform and assist others in mechanical maintenance work.
- Perform and assist others in predictive and preventive maintenance work by inspecting, monitoring, lubricating, and testing plant equipment to determine conditions such as wear, corrosion, and deposits. Perform inspections and corrective maintenance activities on plant equipment and components.
- Use work management systems to initiate, retrieve, and update work orders and material requests.
- Direct and assist the work of others including Business Partners as required. Conduct JSAs, utilize JHAs and SDS’s, etc. and follow established plant and company guidelines in job briefings. Work under general direction of plant supervision.
- Initiate clearance permits, isolate plant equipment, and remove all stored energy in accordance with the sites Clearance Permit Procedure. Initiate permits for hot work and confined space in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Respond to emergency situations, assist in maintaining plant security, and maintain proficiency in incipient firefighting, first aid, and CPR. Understand and adhere to all SPCC and emergency response programs.
- Attend and actively participate in environmental, safety and health, technical, business, and leadership training and meetings. Share knowledge, train and mentor others. Report and correct any unsafe actions, conditions or near misses. Responsible for exercising maximum care and good judgement in preventing accidents and protecting the safety and health of co-workers.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, possess the ability to communicate effectively with peers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.