* Directs activities of other operators in the day-to- day plant O&M activities while on shift from the control room.
* Ensure that all regulatory and power purchase contract requirements are met.
* Coordinate and cooperate with utility inspections.
* Perform emergency and casualty control procedures as required.
* Participates in company safety programs to promote a safe and healthy work environment.
* Ensures operations and maintenance assignments are communicated.
* Performs scheduled and un-scheduled plant maintenance to optimize plant availability and improve cost effectiveness.
* Collects and documents plant data accurately to ensure that historical recording and reporting is done, and takes corrective action if data is out of parameters.
* Participates in a rotating shift schedule and on-call duty to satisfy labor needs.
* Participates in the training and qualification program.
* Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Other activities as assigned by O&M Supervisor
* A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
* Minimum of two years’ experience
* Knowledge of computer systems and software
* Driving on company business is a requirement of this position and as such, the incumbent shall have and maintain a valid driver's license.
* Requiring lifts, pushing, pulling, stretching, bending, climbing, working in awkward positions, and lifting up to 50 pounds
* Must be available for call-outs, scheduled overtime, weekend and holiday work.
* Willing to work 12 hours rotating shift
The Ideal Candidate will Possess
* Broad power plant experience
* Capable of working independently and managing time and priorities
* Must be a self-starter and take the initiative in completing projects that are assigned
* Strong cross-functional skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
* The willingness to perform repetitive and non-repetitive physical duties
* Must be able to notify and direct contract and company personnel in the event of an emergency
* The ability and willingness to adhere to established policies and procedures under the direction of the O&M Supervisor