O&M Technician with IC&E Experience
The O&M Technician must demonstrate a thorough understanding and proven knowledge of all production, steam distribution, electrical power systems and their associated equipment; to ensure efficiency, reliability, and safety in production of power for the overall plant operations and maintenance. This position requires effective operating decisions based on plant procedures, environmental regulations, safety procedures, and using good judgment based on operating data. Expertise/experience in instrumentation, controls and electrical is required.
- Competently operates and maintains a simple/combined cycle generating facility and all associated auxiliary and support equipment with minimal guidance or assistance.
- Monitors and operates combustion turbine, steam turbine and electric generators for operational changes on demand including start-up, shutdown, and emergency response situations during trips and/or major power plant load adjustment conditions.
- Performs routine and emergent maintenance related to plant instrumentation, controls and electrical systems.
- Must perform all work in compliance with applicable codes, standards, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must comply with and practice proper equipment Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) procedures.
- Must follow proper event notification and communication protocols to management and regulatory agencies as applicable.
- Maintains required documentation including records, log sheets and charts in electronic format.
- Fully supports the use of a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) by displaying a proficiency in using the system, entering data consistent with the facility maintenance philosophy.
- Thoroughly records equipment problems on the CMMS work requests and documents maintenance actions taken on work order forms. Handles corrective maintenance and preventive maintenance work orders in a timely and high-quality manner. Shows diligence in documenting spare parts usage and re-ordering.
- Proactively perform preventive maintenance activities on plant equipment per OEM recommendations and as scheduled by the CMMS.
- Proven ability to define scope of work for repair and routine maintenance activities (such as outages) to include: resource planning, scheduling, contractor management and prepare/manage purchase orders for multiple contractors.
- Troubleshoot and repair plant systems and equipment as necessary. In addition to maintaining equipment and calibration of instrumentation and controls.
- Proficient at operating the plant via a remote distributed control system (DCS). Periodically, equipment may need to be operated locally via PLC panel interfaces.
- Perform routine evaluations of HRSG, UF, RO and EDI unit water chemistry and make necessary changes to chemical feed systems to ensure continued plant operation (as applicable).
- Participate in an Employee Development and Qualification Program "EDQP" as defined by plant management.
- Will participate in a "Responsibility Based Management Program" which requires system ownership. Duties will include budget preparation, housekeeping, preventive maintenance procedures, training and operational procedure development for system(s)/program(s) assigned.
- Work shift hours, overtime, and irregular hours as needed to support reliable operation of the facility. From time to time the working hours will be determined on short notice based on plant requirements.
- Performs general housekeeping and continuous improvement of the appearance of the facility including painting projects as required. Maintains the cleanliness of all areas of the plant and control room, or other duties as assigned.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.