- Reports directly to the Director of Health & Safety and supports facility personnel with all OSHA regulations (Federal and State Specific), national consensus standards, and risk management issues that impact facility operations.
- Review, develop, implement and maintain appropriate safety policies and practices through teamwork with the management group.
- Conduct accident investigations and assist HR personnel with questions from the workers’ compensation carrier and the employee to manage and coordinate prompt delivery of pertinent medical treatment.
- Analyzes accident and incident reports for trends; makes recommendations for correcting unsafe conditions and actions.
- Design and implement workplace processes and procedures that help protect workers from hazardous work conditions
- Investigate accidents and incidents to identify their causes and determine how similar future incidents might be prevented
- Monitor/Implement the safety awareness program and insures all CAMS operated facilities are participating in the program.
- Evaluate, develop, and recommend new programs for integration into facility operations.
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices for compliance with corporate and government health and safety standards and regulations, and follow-up on corrective actions.
- Assists with the implementation & training of all personnel regarding safety programs, including follow-up to determine safety knowledge from training.
- Review work practices to make sure safety-related policies and procedures are relevant and being followed by employees, and enforced by supervisors.
- Assist facility personnel with the creation of the OSHA 300 Log.
- Participates in the development and implementation of department safety work order tracking and reporting
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in safety engineering, safety industrial hygiene, or related field.
- At least 3 years of Power Plant Safety or similar general industry experience is preferred.
- Driving on company business is a requirement of this position therefore; the successful candidate shall have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Overnight and short-term travel on company business is an expected part of this position, up to 40% travel to other facilities and off-site activities as required.
- Perform repetitive and non-repetitive physical duties. Requires lifting, pushing, pulling, stretching, bending, climbing, working in awkward positions, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- The following requirements are desired: Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), and Safety Trained Supervisor (STS).
- Extensive experience in the use of software applications such as Excel, Word, MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
- High level of commitment to excellence in safety performance and compliance.
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively, excellent interpersonal skills and a record of building consensus among internal and external parties.
- Ability to perform and manage multiple varied tasks in an industrial environment and to promptly identify and analyze potentially complex compliance risks.