THE PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Woodbridge Energy Center is actively recruiting multi-skilled Combustion Turbine Technicians who will be responsible for maintaining the facility, while supporting operations as needed. Selected candidate will be placed in either a single skill position (pending training completion for multi-skill) or directly into a multi- skilled position based upon prior experience. Individuals who have demonstrated experience in the multi- skills that are needed at power plants are preferred.
- Conduct all work activities in a professional, environmentally conscious, and safe manner.
- Ensures operational efficiency, unit reliability and compliance with safety and environmental standards.
- Maintains and executes tactical processes in a team oriented, multi-discipline environment.
- Tests, maintains, calibrates, programs and/or troubleshoot (with the appropriate test equipment) electrical, instrumentation & controls system components and peripheral devices utilizing schematics, vendor manuals and procedures.
- Provides accurate detailed work history for reporting, data inputting and archiving.
- Evaluates and recommends equipment and techniques to cost effectively improve plant and maintenance department reliability and efficiency.
- Participates in the development of standard operating procedures for routine functions and provide training to other technicians.
- Participates in the development of preventive maintenance procedures for maintaining system hardware.
- Responsible for the safe operation of company owned vehicles.
- Participates in call-out program & periodically works scheduled and un-scheduled night and weekend assignments.
- Periodically work in adverse conditions such as rainy, hot/humid and cold weather conditions
- Other duties as directed by Supervision.
- Participates in and implements safety programs to minimize personnel injury and property loss.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field preferred; or documented years of technical training or substantial military training; or commensurate experience.
- Appropriate technical schooling with a minimum of three years of direct gas turbine operations and maintenance experience.
- Familiarity with technical maintenance manuals and the requirements for working with modern gas turbines.
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, correcting, installing and maintaining electrical equipment including switch gear, motors, breakers and plant wiring.
- Performs repetitive and non-repetitive physical duties requiring lifting, pushing, pulling, stretching, bending, climbing, working in awkward positions and lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Demonstrates full knowledge and proficiency in the operation and maintenance of a combustion turbine generating station, including balance-of-plant equipment.
- Should be familiar with the usage of high-tech electronic test equipment and other precision test instruments to be used in identifying problems.
- Experience in troubleshooting, calibrating, repairing, tuning, and replacing sophisticated I&C equipment and components. Completion of extensive technical training in I&C work is required.
- Specific experience with GE 7FA combustion turbines preferred.
- Experience with GE Mark VI control systems preferred.
- Must be able to maintain the plant Distributed Control System and related equipment.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational, and good decision making skills.
- Capability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to deal effectively with other team members.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office and other computer-based productivity tools.
- Driving on company business is a requirement of this position and as such, the incumbent shall have and maintain a valid driver’s license.