- Under direct guidance, conduct basic engineering studies and computations, develop design and cost estimates, lay out drafting work, correlate/compile data, conduct and analyze tests and evaluate equipment performance. May be assisted by craftsmen, technicians, or experienced engineers.
- Investigate and analyze basic problems and develop appropriate solutions; draft less complicated reports and assist with more complex reports.
- Conduct basic tests of instruments, materials, equipment, and controls to determine operating characteristics, develop solutions or improvements, and/or verify accuracy of data; ensure accurate and beneficial data is acquired and recorded.
- Prepare reports, operating instructions, and project outlines in connection with fundamental engineering assignments; learn and follow appropriate business procedures; learn and apply project management techniques.
- Assist in planning and design of engineering projects; perform basic engineering and design work; conduct field analysis, inspections and performance tests; record, compile, and report information.
- Draft specifications as required for basic projects for which there are precedents; complete related computations and draft schematics and diagrams; develop testing, operating and maintenance plans; interpret engineering specifications.
- Establish effective working relationships with facility employees, contractors and the public.
- Coordinate project reviews and implementation plans between individuals and sections; ensure timely communications occur, as needed, on project activities.
- Maintain knowledge of engineering principles; study and train on Company and Facility procedures, equipment, and systems; develop analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Note: This description only includes essential functions of the job and does not mean to imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Experience: 0-1 year of experience in Engineering.
- Licensure and Certificates: Engineer-In-Training Certification preferred
General Skills & Qualifications
- Specialized knowledge of engineering principles
- Specialized knowledge of safety and environmental policies, practices, and procedures
- General knowledge of Company policies
- Skill in multi-tasking
- Basic skill level in Microsoft Word for letters and reports
- Basic skill level in Microsoft Excel for spreadsheets, reports, and graphs
- Ability to prioritize project tasks
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to analyze reports for quality assurance
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and supervision